Wednesday, February 25, 2015

"Sign over your rights, Bassy!"


I've come to a decision.
I know it might be rash... but Bassy is NOT getting Kaydence back.  Period.
He had six freaking years to raise this child.  I even helped him draw up the papers to get custody and went with him to court.
Instead, Kady was stuck trying to raise him.  She's got no idea how to just be a kid. 



Now that I think about it, I had no business letting Bassy go to Bridgeport.   When he said he was considering going he'd basically asked for my permission to go, and I said yes.

I now know I shouldn't have.  He would have listened to me, back then.

When my sweet little Bassy went to that dirty rotten place he was a wide-eyed boy who hadn't even seen the world. 

Bridgeport was where everything changed.

Bridgeport is a place where dreams go to die.

My baby brother first started going off the rails with that whole sordid mess with Kyra Foster there in Bridgeport and his childhood sweetheart Daisy Ramsey here in Sunset Valley. 



In my opinion he was already down that slippery slope when he then packed up and moved to Starlight Shores to be with that modern Calypso, Madison.  Their relationship was doomed from the start.  Madison was nothing if not extremely high maintenance and Bassy was just content to be his lackadaisical self, allowing her to just steamroll him. 

Bassy's descent was complete.

But for all that...all their drama...they still created Kaydence. 

The most highly combustible set of genes I've ever seen.  Those two made a kid?  Still unfathomable to me. 


Kaydence inherited Bassy's love of food and practical jokes, but she's also inherited a hefty dose of Madison's temper as evidenced by the rage-fueled rants she delivered on Sky and Bassy. 


Now my beloved Bassy is back.  My beloved baby brother.  I've been responsible for him since the day he was born.  And probably will be until the day I die.
That name Bassy, that name that made him very, very famous, I gave him that name when he was that small. 


I still even remember the day my mother broke the news that she was pregnant with him.  I had just gotten grounded for my zillionth curfew violation...
"You're going to be a big sister, Savannah," my mother had said excitedly.


For the longest time it was just Bassy and me, as our parents were busy with their involvement with the musical theater.


My Bassy came back to Sunset Valley a broken man, financially and professionally in ruins, being steamrolled by his own daughter who basically lectures him like I lecture my own kids...

And yet, he's still. well, Bassy.  Still my beloved baby brother.

As I am responsible for Bassy, so I am responsible for his daughter, too.

Even when Bassy was the biggest movie star in Simland, he was still my beloved baby brother.

I let Bassy down all those years ago.  I left Bassy adrift on a sinking ship.  I'll be damn sure not to do the same to his daughter.

Bassy, what you and Madison have done to Kaydence is simply unconscionable and unforgivable.  And you, as her father, stood there and allowed Madison to abuse and neglect her.

You didn't protect her, Bassy.

You and Madison were the kids.  Kaydence was your mom, more mature than either of you could ever think or hope to be.

You, as her father and the custodial parent for the last six years, needed a substitute mother so you drafted poor Kaydence for the job.  Of course, she was all too willing because she loves you, you're her father.  She probably thought it was normal for a daughter to take care of her father.  She didn't know it was supposed to be the opposite.

She knows now.

Bassy, wherever you are, I've got one thing to say to you.

Sign over your rights!  I'm taking over from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment