Sunday, February 15, 2015

Kady's talent?


It's official.  With Sebastian and Cherise gone to Watcher knows where with the TV show, Andy and I are now Kaydence's temporary legal guardians.
I knew that it could happen, but the fact that it did happen, is still a bit stunning to me. 
And Kaydence, look at her face.  She's thrilled.  She almost looks like she'd like to make it permanent.
How on earth did my brother let this amazing girl slip through the cracks?


We explained to her that we expected exactly the same from her as we do all of the other children, that she's not exceptional just because she's not biologically ours.   We expected her to come in at curfew, do her homework, and do well in school.  We're really not difficult to please.  
"You mean there are rules?" she asked me.  "I'm glad, because my mom, she never had rules."



And we're still taking Sierra back and forth to her therapy appointments (no matter how reluctant she is to go and no matter how much she says she doesn't 'need' therapy).


 
Never mind that there are two other children still in the house - one of whom hates Kaydence with a passion.

Needless to say, this situation is nearing impossible.   

Back to Kaydence though.  I have yet to meet her new stepmother.  But I have found out a few new details.  Apparently she's a moderately successful singer (not on the level of Madison, but she's had some success) originally from Moonlight Falls.  Apparently she's related to a famous psychic there, named Helen Hall.  Also, she's apparently been married before, and she's also slightly older than Sebastian.


I suggested she make herself at home, and she picked up a guitar in one of the spare rooms.  She sure looked mighty comfortable with it.  She didn't look like sims do when they start out playing.  She looked like she knew what she was doing.  And she had a big, broad smile.  She was enjoying herself. 


I was about to do some editing of my next book when I heard the commotion, so I went upstairs to go watch her.  She's definitely a natural.  And she seems completely at ease. "You sound great, Kady," I said, while suggesting that she join the music club at school. 



Of course.  So patently obvious.  Her dad and granddad, both musicians.  Bassy plays, and he's very good at it.  He was trained as a musician but became an actor instead.  And my dad of course was a guitar maestro.  So it's not a coincidence that Kady has inherited this.  Apparently she can pick up a musical instrument like it's nothing.


There is one problem, though... and it's a biggie.  She and Skylar have to share a room.  And of course, they can't stand each other. 

No comments:

Post a Comment