Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Skylar




Baby girl is fourteen now and is going through the pangs of teendom.  She's also taking honors courses in school and carrying an A average.  So when Andy and I left on my speaking engagement for my latest book, baby girl decided she was going to throw herself a party...


Teens danced and generally had a good time...


...listened to someone play the bass...


Skylar herself even jumped in by playing the guitar.


While all that was going on, Kady had made herself at home in the book stacks.


She finally emerged a few minutes later, and Skylar gave a wave.


When I called Skylar to tell her that I'd be home in an hour, the music stopped.  Skylar got nervous.


I waded through the crowd of kids scurrying out of my dad's mansion to get to my daughter.  It took everything I had to resist the temptation to choke her.

"Skylar Rose Cheesman."


"Go to bed.  I'll deal with you in the morning."

I know exactly why baby girl did this.  She did it because she feels like I pay more attention to Sierra and now, Kaydence, than I do her.  It's like she's screaming, 'look at me, mom.' That's one reason I couldn't choke the crap out of her right then and there. 
But she'd definitely have to be punished - there was no way she could get away with what she did.  What I need to do is come up with a punishment suitable to fit what she did.  And something that would really, really teach her not to do this kind of crap again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment