Saturday, May 8, 2010

An unscheduled stop Part 2


"Savannah, we need to talk."
"About what?"
"Us. You and I."
"There is no 'us', Andy."
"Ah, but there is. And you cannot deny it any longer. There has been an 'us' since the day we met. I'm not going anywhere. I'm gonna be a little bug in your ear everywhere you go."
If you ask me, he's been just that already -- always THERE, you know?



"Andy, I'm flattered, but --"
"There is no 'but' about it. I wish you'd stop trying to make sense. Life doesn't make sense, half of the time. Certainly love doesn't. "
He was right about that, that's for sure. I mean, come on, I'd be with anybody -- but Andy??? He's so -- solid -- and -- stable.
Old Reliable.
Mr. Dependable.
Just exactly who my parents would WANT me with.
Had I -- completely and totally -- run out of options? Had Cheesebutt managed to back me into a corner? I know I'm not that kind of woman, but I'm not the other kind of woman either. At least I don't think I am.




Before I realized it he was embracing me with his strong arms. I could feel his muscles, he'd clearly been working out. He was no longer the scrawny kid he was when we first met.
I could no longer deny that he was VERY good looking. He wasn't some pimply fat guy on a string.
Hazel eyes, russet-colored hair, killer abs, a sweet smile.
What am I thinking? This is Cheesebutt I'm talking about. Ew.
Take a gun out and shoot me down, please. I'm not thinking clearly.
Maybe I am, for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment