Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Me and Dad


When I got home I told the first person I thought about. Dad.
He'd been in his study, putting the finishing touches on his memoir (due out soon, I'm not sure how I feel about it) when I'd walked in.
"Hiya, princess," he greeted me, smiling broadly. "How was your day? You seem like you're in a good mood."
Good mood? I was practically floating on air. The last few weeks since I've been back from France have been a whirlwind.




"Princess, I'm so happy for you I could just burst! Andrew is the right person to take over for me."
What did he mean by that, take over for me? Sometimes my dad speaks in riddles. After all this time, I still need a refresher course in dad-speak.
"Whatever you want, princess --" By this time dad was sobbing. I'd never actually seen him cry before. It was weird seeing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment