Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Hidden treasures


On Friday, Andy and I took a road trip. "C'mon, I want to show you someplace."



We went to this little fishing hole behind the stadium called Crystal Springs. "I used to come here all the time."
"Andy," I whispered, "I'm not dressed for fishing!"
"No matter, we're going to have a blast."


So there I was, climbing the hills behind the stadium -- in my heeled boots. I'm an avid climber but not in boots.



'"So, why do you come here?"
"To think, mainly."
"Think?"
"Yup, and it's very relaxing too."
"Oh."
"Don't you have a 'special' place you like to go to.... to do nothing in particular but.... think .. and stuff?"



"Well, there is this little solitude island we put in the pool."
"I'm talking about besides somewhere on the compound."




"I like going to the cemetery. I used to disappear to there a lot during mom's orchestra parties."



"So, what do you think of this place?"
"I never knew Sunset Valley could be so beautiful."
"Don't tell me you've never been here."
I... hadn't... been there.
I mean when I was little I used to fish up at Pinocle Point but I didn't know there was another fishing hole beyond the stadium.
"You were born here, you should know everything there is to know about this town."
Suffice it to say... I... don't. I don't think I do.



I didn't have the best day fishing, caught a couple goldfish, a red herring and a birthday cake (!). But I can't say I've done it in awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment