Wednesday, May 5, 2010

New family members


I arrived at Billy Tripp's place at noon. He was sharply dressed in a business suit. It took him a bit to realize who I was.


"Hello, Savannah," he began. "I only have a little bit of time before I have to go to work, so we have to make this quick."


"So, I guess congratulations are in order."
"What do you mean?" Billy asked me. 

"I heard, you and Windy got married."
"Oh yeah, we just decided to go ahead and do the thing, ya know?"
I let out a chuckle. 


Then Windy came out.  She didn't look at all pleased I was there.  "Well, if it isn't Ms. Perfect."
"Win, I didn't come for any of that.  Congratulations on the wedding and the baby." 
Windy seemed surprised.  "Thanks."
"We ARE family now."  Then, I decided to come out with it.  "You have a nephew."
"A nephew?"
"His name is Neil, and he needs you."
"Sadie didn't --"
"Oh, I'm pretty sure she did.  There was a birth announcement in the paper awhile back." I took a deep breath.  "He's a teenager now.  He needs you.  You're as much his auntie as I am.  Do you know where he lives?"
"With Sadie and Noah right?"
"No.  He lives with me.  He had a few problems in school."
Windy let out a deep sigh.  "Right.  Ms. Goody Two Shoes."

It was ironic that someone was accusing ME of being a goody two shoes. 

Screenshot-801

“I don’t understand why you’re so angry with me, Windy.”
“Why are you even here?  It can’t just be to offer congratulations.”
“Billy is my brother, Windy.  We’re family.  If you didn’t know that, you know now.”



No comments:

Post a Comment