Saturday, May 8, 2010

An unscheduled stop Part 1


On my way back to Summer Hill, since I was in the area I decided to make another stop.



"What are you doing here, Plumbbob?" Cheesebutt asked. "Certainly you're not getting ready to visit your -- friend -- in France."
"How'd you hear about that?"
"Gossip travels fast. Especially when it's about Nathan Plumb's daughter." Cheesebreath's tone made me wonder -- did I detect jealousy there?
I love my dad to death but I hate this aspect of his life.


I decided to change the subject. "What's the name of the band?"
"It's certainly not Bach, for sure," he croaked, "or even your dad."
"Very funny. It's a techno band. Contrary to what you think, I don't always have Beethoven blaring from my car stereo."


"You're not very good at sarcasm, Savannah."
"What?"
"I can see you grinning from here."

I needed that laugh, even more than I knew at the time. Especially after Windy Tripp's brush-off.
"Something bothering you?" he asked.
I told him. Everything.
One aspect of him I've overlooked is the fact that he's so easy to talk to.
"You know, Savannah, I know you're not exactly the most patient Sim, but I feel you should try to give both Windy and Billy time to adjust. They just got married, and now Billy's finding out about his family. It's not easy. They're probably going to come around but it's going to take time."
"How do you know?"
Cheesebreath then told me he'd been adopted.
"I have no idea who my birth parents are. All I remember was being in an orphanage somewhere and then I was adopted. My adoptive mother passed away recently and I'm not even sure where to begin looking for my birth parents."
Learning he was adopted sent a knife through my heart, really. I realized at that time how good I really had it.
"So I completely understand about Billy. He's reaching out to the family. I think you should try to put yourself in his shoes and give him all the time he needs."

1 comment:

  1. who exactly is billy?? i havent heard about him before.

    ReplyDelete