Tuesday, March 30, 2010

New faces in town


There are a lot of new faces in Sunset Valley, a lot of new people have arrived here in recent weeks. I encountered one of them in the park while I was working on my novel.



This snot-nosed kid (okay she's a teenager) walked up to me. I didn't catch her name, and I didn't really care what her name was. She was just being mean just for the sake of being mean.
"I read your book," she said.
"Really?" I wondered how this girl even knew who I was. It's not like I had my picture plastered on the back cover. Oh, wait.
"Okay, I lied. I didn't read your stinkin' book. But my dad and sister have been reading the whole damn thing aloud and I'm sick of hearing it."


"Hmmph. Well, I didn't think you read anyway. So why'd you come and disturb me while I was writing?"
"Just because I can, really."



"You know," I scolded, "you kids really shouldn't litter around the park. And you, missy, let me give you a piece of advice. You really shouldn't be fishing your clothes out of the garbage can. You should at least try to look presentable."

No comments:

Post a Comment