Monday, March 29, 2010

Neighborhood Gossip with Ari



Leave it to Ari to give me the low down on the happenings in the hood.
She called me over the next afternoon after I got back from the cemetery. "Hey, you know Darrel's engaged, huh?"
"Really? To who?"
"Tracey Gonzalez. She just moved here from Pinochle Point. He's smitten with her, they even moved in together."
"Wow." I had to admit, to myself, a little pang of jealousy and regret over what could have been.
"Oh, and you know Windy Alvi? She's married AND has a baby now."
I let out a deep breath. "What about you?"
"Oh, I've got no time for romance. Besides, I haven't met the right person yet."



"You know, you could be the neighborhood gossip queen."

"Yeah," she muttered, "if I wasn't so busy learning to play guitar. I don't know how you guys do it without your fingers hurting."

No comments:

Post a Comment