Thursday, January 27, 2011

Mishmash

Screenshot-1625

AJ has a little bit of an entitlement complex.  He always has to be first, whether it’s getting breakfast in the morning or getting on the bus to go to school.  Imsety and Satis basically humor him.

Speaking of AJ, his teacher asked for a common relic from Egypt or China for the archaeology display.  He has to be the luckiest kid at school because of what his mom does for a living, eh? So I gave him one of my Egyptian fossilized apples to use. 

Today he had a play date at Sammy Kincaid’s house (Sammy is Maeve’s younger brother).  He’s like me in that he can be friendly but mostly prefers to do his own thing.  I’ve heard Sammy Kincaid is REALLY smart and makes straight A’s.  I’m secretly hoping Sammy rubs off on him, even though he has asked for a telescope.  I have promised AJ that I will get his telescope if he shows me an A report card.  Right now he has a B. 

Screenshot-1619

“Last one in the house is a rotten egg!” I heard Michael Falcon, one of Sety’s school chums, say.  Poor Satis was bringing up the rear, struggling to keep up with the boys. 

Screenshot-1627

Andy used his day off to help Sety with his Simlish literature homework.  I am beginning to suspect that he is dyslexic.

Screenshot-1633

I brought my concerns about Sety to Andy at breakfast. 

“Have you talked to his teacher?” Andy asked. 
“Talking to the administration is like talking to a brick wall sometimes.”

Then he suggested that I get on the school board. 

“The school board?”  I said.  “When am I going to have time for it, between my job and my archaeological work?”

“It’s an at-large position, last I remember it.  My step-grandma was on the school board in her day.”

Andy had rarely mentioned his family to me, so this surprised me. 

Even though I am apolitical, the school board does make some sense.  It’s not a political position, but if I get on I won’t feel so damn powerless while my children are being abused by the people in charge just because they are different.  I mean, damn it, I was born and raised in Sunset Valley.  I grew up here.  My father, my aunt, and all my siblings were educated in this school system.  If anyone knows how things should work here, it’s me. 

I still am hesitating about doing it.  What I’m not hesitating about is getting Sety tested for dyslexia. 

Screenshot-1628Screenshot-1629

Meanwhile, Toya has had most of the Sage duties, especially since we put the baby crib in her room so she wouldn’t wake us up at night.  Hey, if we’re paying her $1200 simoleans to live under our roof…

Screenshot-1632

Meanwhile, she and Andy have been getting to know each other.  He is slowly warming up to the idea of a butler being in the house.  With his soccer games more and more often and with my situation being in flux all the time, though he misses Halima, he’s beginning to appreciate Toya being around.  I love being right. 

Screenshot-1624

For a little bit of Sunset Valley gossip:  There’s a new stylist in town.  Francy is still the main coiffeur but she now has an assistant, Jhonnie.  I found out about him when I took Sety to get a haircut.  Fran says she has Jhonnie on board to handle mostly male styles since her clientele is growing by leaps and bounds. 

Bassy

Last but not least, my brother Sebastian (Bassy) sent me this glossy he had taken.  Remember, he’s now an actor in Bridgeport.  I kinda knew he’d go into show business, just not the branch he chose.  Mom is still ticked off at him for leaving Sunset Valley, as she thinks he could have done the same thing here.  Now that I am a parent myself, I can say Mom is just being protective.  I actually can’t say I blame him for leaving.  Obviously from his letters he felt like he needed to branch out and figure out what he wanted out of life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment