Monday, January 10, 2011

Auditions and Obsessed Fans

Screenshot-1493

Hey sis,

I can stay on the treadmill now.  You proud of me? 

I had to give up the cookies and the key lime pies and stick mostly to salads and seafood.  I’ve dropped three pants sizes since arriving in Bridgeport.  I’m seldom home these days, between celebrity appearances at nightclubs and actual film work, so not much time to play video games or watch TV. 

Screenshot-1497

It wasn’t long ago that I was the one seeking autographs, and now weak-kneed teens are sneaking out of the house at night looking for my signature on a piece of paper.  This young lady is Belisama Hemlock, daughter of the Hemlocks who live downtown.  I have to admit, all this is still pretty weird to me.

Screenshot-1538Screenshot-1542

Had to help the boss with an audition, and what do you know, the paparazzi showed up.  She’s trying to pick out extras for this new spy movie that’s supposed to come out.  Hamming, of course, is playing Steve Glue, the super-spy who’s supposed to leap from tall buildings and disguise himself as anyone and anything.  In one scene Steve goes back to the middle ages to stop a tyrant king.

Screenshot-1490

I know all this – the fans, the autographs, the entourage - can go away in an instant – just ask dad.   I’m pretty sure someday I’m going to look back and wonder what would have happened if I had done this differently or that differently.  But for now I’m just going to take life as it goes.

Love, Bassy

No comments:

Post a Comment