Sunday, January 2, 2011

First Post of 2011

Screenshot-1510

Hey sis,

Happy 2011! Did you and Andy and the kids do anything special? I’m sending you this pic, courtesy of those firecrackers you sent me from China.

Screenshot-1501

I went down to the Bay Bridge and let loose. The noise was LOUD!

Screenshot-1512

I was in the business building recording this radio commercial when my boss spotted me. “Sebastian! Sebastian Sunshine!” she called. “I need to speak with you.”

I had to laugh. Sebastian Sunshine, ha!

Screenshot-1516

“Hey Flying Dutchwoman! What’s up?”

“Major crisis! Someone hacked into the main computer at the studio and erased everything, even the script for the ‘Zombies?’ movie.”

Screenshot-1514

“Calm down. Do you know who could have had access to the files?”

“The only people I could think of are myself and Stanley. I will say this, though. Whoever did it did so from a computer not located on the premises.”

“Have you told Stanley?”

“He and Emmy are in Champs Les Sims on their honeymoon –"

“They got married?”

“Yep. Over Christmas. And she’s pregnant.”

“Wow. Have you called the police?”

“They’re completely swamped right now, with the holidays and all. They don’t sit around eating doughnuts like they do in Sunset Valley –"

“Hey,” I teased, “we have our petty thieves in the S.V. too you know.” Then I suggested that she hire a private investigator, someone who’s good with computers, to try to trace the address of the computer that hacked into their files.

Screenshot-1515

“And that isn’t all. I spoke with Silvah Spencer about the other project I’m working on –”

“Oh?”

“I’m in the middle of reading this fabulous book. The main character was this spoiled princess named Syna DeLorean and she was the daughter of the NASA chief, and she got picked to head this mission to the distant planet Zircalon –"

Oh. my. God. I know that book. It’s Aunt Margaret’s. She wrote a lot of science-fiction novels. She wrote in other genres, too, but sci-fi was her favorite. I can’t say I knew her – you did, obviously – she died when I was a baby.

“That’s where I stopped. I can’t wait to find out what happens next.”

I took a deep breath. She can’t possibly be thinking what I’m thinking she’s thinking. No. Silvah Spencer as Syna DeLorean? Seriously? She complained to me about the dearth of good roles for women in cinema, she’d die for this one. Even though I know it would be a big career boost for her, I just can’t see her in the part.

“I was thinking about securing the movie rights. I know she’s deceased, how do I contact her estate?”

I told her she’d have to talk to you about that.

“Your sister?”

“Savannah Plumb. She’s in charge of my Aunt Margaret’s estate.”

Kris looked at me quizzically. “Oh damn! I saw the name ‘Meg Plumb’ on the cover of the book and I didn’t see the connection. You folks are a talented bunch. How many of you are there?"

"A lot." I laughed.

"By the way, I’ve got Savannah’s two books on my very long to-read list.” She gave me a wink as she left.

Looks like you’ve got a new fan, Vanna. ;)

KellyKeenePoster


Kristy Verhoeven plays a girl searching for her missing father in “Kelly Keene.”

Kris has more ideas for films than actual movies under her belt. I can only find one movie of hers in the SimSearch database, a detective drama called Kelly Keene (clip above) from 2006. It’s about a girl whose father is murdered and, unhappy with the police, she takes matters into her own hands. She’s billed as “Kristy Verhoeven” and listed as the chief writer, executive producer, and star of the film. Yes that’s her in the red wig. I haven’t actually seen the movie, I think I might check it out, see if it’s on DVD here in Bridgeport.

Screenshot-1519

I decided I needed a drink. Don’t worry, it wasn’t jungle juice or anything like that. Heck, it didn’t even have alcohol in it. It’s pink lemonade, with a special ingredient for energy. I’m gonna need it, especially if Kristin Verhoeven is talking about making a movie out of Aunt Margaret’s book and she’s got Silvah Spencer pegged as the lead. I truly wonder about my boss sometimes.

GTG. More later. Love, Bassy

No comments:

Post a Comment