Monday, June 13, 2011

Satis-fied Part 3

 

Hey it’s me again, Satis. 

bookcover

Draft of mom’s book cover came in from the publisher.  Though I’m not really into historical-fiction novels I might have to give this one a look. 

Screenshot-112

Anyway….Sety.  I’m not sure what to think about Sety.  After he and my stepdad argued again, he sat on the couch and sulked.  Prom is coming up and I think he might be grounded for that too.

Speaking of prom, I’ve already got a plan to wear traditional Egyptian dress.

Screenshot-117

I found this one at a shop downtown.  Muslim tradition dictates that the women should have their heads covered at all times. 

However, I know of at least one person who is not happy with my decision to go in traditional dress. 

Screenshot-113

Of course.  I’m not sure Sety is happy no matter what I do.  “Is that homework hard?” I heard Andy asked. 

“It’s math,” Sety grumbled.  “Math is always hard.”

“Need my help?”

Sety shook his head.

Screenshot-114

“You know, Sety, it may seem like I’m being harsh to you,” I overheard Andy say while we were eating Toya’s PB & J sandwiches, “but I love you.  I care about you.  I just want you to abide by the rules of the house, which means you come in at a certain time and don’t do anything that will bring the police.”

Screenshot-115

“You realize that your mother just had a baby, and you have to cut her some slack –”  Andy’s voice trailed off. 

Screenshot-84

Anyway, all of us went to AJ’s scouts ceremony.  He looked so cute in his uniform. 

Screenshot-82

The photographer for the Sunset Valley Times-Herald was taking pictures of us as we were leaving.  It’s annoying but it is what it is.  Because we’re Plumbs any ink containing us sells and gets clicks. 

Screenshot-162

While the photographer was taking pictures, the reporter, Laura Castaneda, took notes, apparently for her story.  I’m supposed to ‘shadow’ her next week at Doo Peas Corporate Towers. 

Screenshot-118

More later, I have to get ready for prom.

Satis

No comments:

Post a Comment