Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Announcement

 

image

Well it’s official.  Neil and Noelle have announced their pregnancy.  And I can’t even pretend to be happy.  Neil is in no way, shape or form ready to be a father.  And me?  Don’t I feel old.  I’m about to become a great-aunt.

Screenshot-178

And like a good modern couple these days, they announced their pregnancy on SimFace. 

Screenshot-179

Noah’s reaction to the news was, well, quintessentially Noah.  He didn’t really react at all, save for one cryptic little note on his Simface account. 

Screenshot-144_thumb

The day after Noelle made that little posting on Simface, I confronted my nephew’s girlfriend and soon to be mother of his child. 

Okay, maybe I shouldn’t have said I ‘confronted’ her, but I did have a little chat with the possible Mrs. Neil Patric Miraj Plumb.

Neil himself had gone to his little part-time gig at the local supermarket, as a stock boy.  I looked around their new place and sure enough, there was a baby crib already there.  Definitely unnerving, if you ask me. 

I told her, flat out, that I thought she and Neil were too young to enter a committed relationship.  And that they were definitely too young to be parents.  Hell, I still think I was too young to be a mom. 

She replied to me with her standard refrain:  “But I love him!”

They don’t have ANY idea about love.  Just because they’ve moved in together and are about to have a baby doesn’t mean they actually love each other.  I mean, just saying you love someone doesn’t mean that you do.  They’re kids.  They don’t have a clue.

Screenshot-145_thumb

Just the mere fact that she briefly dated Bassy in high school doesn’t exactly sit well with me.  Was she just THAT determined to become a Plumb to date one and then turn around and date his nephew?

“You don’t understand,” she cried.  “Neil is – sweet.”

Uh-huh.  Just because someone is sweet doesn’t mean you have to have his kid.

I’m wondering if the ‘sweet’ she’s finding are his finances.  Noah inherited a fortune from the Alto estate and then there is the Plumb wealth.  Neil stands to inherit a good chunk of the fortunes of two families and I am not going to allow some gold digger to come in and claim her piece of the pie.  Just who the hell does Noelle think I am?  I’m not stupid.  She was going to be a Plumb by hook or by crook. 

No comments:

Post a Comment