Saturday, June 11, 2011

Satis-fied Part 2

 

Screenshot-69

Hey.  Me again, Satis.  Lots to talk about here.

First off, I know most of you know Mom had another baby, which makes five of us.  And as the de facto oldest (while my brother is off in no-man’s land), I get to keep track of everything.  Fun.

And while she’s busy with the baby, and her new book on some long-dead queen, and all the other things she’s busy with, I’m going to be writing on the blog.  Okay.  Here goes.

Screenshot-38

I’m not sure what’s going on with my brother.  I haven’t really been able to talk to him.  It’s like suddenly we’re on separate planets or something.  When we were little we used to do everything together.  Now, he’s like a stranger. 

Screenshot-54

I know he’s grounded till infinity because my stepdad was really, really upset with him.  I’d never heard him raise his voice, and I don’t know what he did to make my stepdad THAT upset.  Hearing him shout like that sent chills down my spine. 

Screenshot-34

The other day Lawrence Lum from my biology class came to study and eat with us.  He’s a senior and I remember thinking he was cute, but I was tired and couldn’t really think straight.  “You know, Satis, you have a fine house,” he’d told me while we were eating Toya’s grilled salmon.  Mom had just walked in from another night of catching spooks.

When I tell people what my mother does for a living, they just laugh.  But she is very serious about it and dedicated to her job.  She is the ghost studies expert in Simlandia, and has studied this stuff for years and years and years.  Within minutes of seeing a ghost she could tell you how he or she died and how long he or she had been dead.  Before starting this job as a ghost hunter, she did a lot of treasure hunting and paid archaeological digs (how she adopted Sety and me), which she still does sometimes, and funds her trips abroad with ghost hunting jobs and with writing books. 

I remember her telling me once that she has this ‘thing’ for the past.

 Screenshot-51

The other thing mom has been doing a lot of while she’s been home with the new baby is painting.  Apparently her mother is a major artist and has pieces in the big art gallery in town. 

Screenshot-64

My stepdad hasn’t just been going after Sety.  Just the other day AJ set a whoopee cushion in the sofa and he caught him.  AJ was sent to time out. 

Screenshot-65

He still manages to read little Sage her bedtime story.

Screenshot-127

Sage is so cute though.  The way she prances around in that princess costume is a thing of beauty. 

Screenshot-20

Also, since Mom has been busy with the new baby…

Screenshot-23

…Andy has been teaching me how to drive.  And it has not been going well.

Screenshot-24

Since I am already clumsy, the van has been on the grass more than it has been on the road.  “Satis,” he pleads, trying to laugh through the whole thing, “I thought the road was that way.”

I shrugged.  “Oops – sorry.”  More later, I’m getting sleepy. 

Satis

No comments:

Post a Comment