Saturday, November 1, 2014

Diary of a Pissed-Off Grandma



Two days on and Satis finally announced that her son's name is Ramses Amin Davidson.


Right after Sky and Sawyer went off to school, I got out my laptop and did some homework.  I got into the police database (I have access because I used to do undercover work) and did a background check on our young gigolo, Mr. Davidson.


Turns out he has a toddler daughter with another woman.  This other girl got pregnant in high school.  She works at the same hospital where Satis is doing her internship.  Seems the dolt has a thing for aspiring doctors.   He has several arrests on his record, including assault and theft.  Not to mention, he has a restraining order put on him by his ex.
What a charmer. 
Ask me again if this is the kind of person I want my daughter dating - or to be the father of my grandson. 
Ask me again if I expected Satis with this kind of individual.  I did not.  I thought she had too much sense for that. 


Just then Andy came and took a seat next to me.  "Honey," he whispered in his reassuring dulcet baritone, "aren't you overreacting just a little bit?"
"Andy, this nincompoop knocks my daughter up, gets her pregnant, and then looks at me like he didn't do a damn thing wrong!"
"Savannah," he laughed, "how long have I known you?"
I took a deep breath.  "Since we were fifteen."
"And in all that time you never stopped being a tigress.  I always loved that about you.  But I think you might be missing the big picture here.  Have you even talked to this Joshua?"
"No, and I'm not sure I want to."
"At least try to see where he's coming from, you might be surprised."
"Andy, I know all I need to, to know he's not right for my daughter.  He has a kid with another woman, and has been arrested for assault and theft.  His ex has a restraining order on him.  This is not the kind of person with the kind of track record who is going to stand by my daughter and my grandson!"


"Satis is a smart girl, she knows what she's doing.  She wouldn't have picked this guy if she didn't see something positive in him."
"She hardly knows him, Andy!"
"How do you know she doesn't know him?"
"Andy, she deserves so much better."
"It's done, Savannah, the baby is already here.  She's made her choice."
"I'm not so sure she even chose him at all."
"What do you mean?"
"It's more like he saw easy prey. His track record suggests someone who knocks girls up, gets them pregnant, and leaves them.  He probably said pretty words to her and she fell into his lap.  He caught her at a vulnerable time.  Remember, I was a girl who heard pretty words from a guy once."
"You're not talking about me, are you?"
"No, Andy, of course not.  I'm talking about Gustave - the guy in France I lost my virginity to."
"The smooth talking Frenchman.  And then you found out he was actually dating his female roommate."  Andy sighed again.  "Satis made her decision and she seems okay with it.  I'm sure she'll find a way to balance the baby with her studies.  What she needs now is our love and support."
"I swear, Andy, if Joshua even thinks about not doing what he's supposed to do for my daughter and my grandson, he won't even know what's coming to him."

No comments:

Post a Comment