Monday, September 5, 2011

Aftermath

 

 

It was the aftermath of the boys’ massive party, the biggest party ever thrown by teenagers in Sunset Valley.  Seeing my sons’ faces on the covers of gossip rags was bad enough, and then to flip through them to see pictures of them puking their guts out… well, it was enough to make my skin curl. 

Screenshot-141

Andy, bless him, TRIED to reason with AJ.  But no amount of reason can get through his noggin.  He’s as stubborn as can be.  “You know, AJ, your mother and I love you very much, which is why we’re deeply disturbed by your behavior.  Your teachers all say you’re smart but you don’t apply yourself.”
AJ rolled his eyes.  ”Whatever, dad.”      

“Son, you and your brother have a court date coming up soon.  A court date!  You do realize you’re one slip-up away from military school.”

“Why should I listen to you anyways, dad?”

Screenshot-149

Meanwhile, Sage was in the backyard looking for bugs for her science project.  She needed 4 different kinds of beetles.  So far she and Andy have found three, the water beetle has proven the most elusive. 

Screenshot-143

Meanwhile, Satis is spending a lot of time at the school where she is writing her gossip column.  And as usual, the budding reporter is being reported on, by the paparazzi. 

Screenshot-147

Then I got a call.  It was from my father.  I wonder what HE wants.  I love him to death -- but he expects me to drop everything just to see him.

No comments:

Post a Comment