Friday, December 17, 2010

Wake-up Call

brother and sister

I’m in China now, but I delivered a stern warning to my brother as soon as he got up the next morning.  It’s late at night in Shang Simla while he’s just waking up in Bridgeport so I picked the perfect time to give him a buzz. 

“You’ve got to come clean.”

Of course, what I was talking about was the persistent and insistent rumors of his relationship with pop star Lola Belle. 

“I can’t do this for you, Bassy.  You’ve got to do it.”

He sounded confused.  “What are you talking about?”

Screenshot-1402

“The paparazzi chased me down in China.  During my first news conference every single question they asked was about whether or not you’re hooked up with Lola.”

“You’re in China?  Wha?”

“Yeah, I’m after Pangu’s Axe.”

“Does Andy know?”

“I told him weeks in advance.  He knew about my business trip.”

“Oh.  I see.”

“But I digress.  Bassy, they chased me down in China looking for anything about you and Lola.  You need to come clean about the nature of the relationship, whatever it is.  I really don’t care at this point, you’re a grown man and can do what you want.  If she makes you happy, then I’m happy.”

“We’re just friends.”

“Well, you need to tell that to the media.  Tell your agent to release something, anything about it.  Otherwise this thing is just going to continue to fester.  It’s got legs and the press is running with it.  I heard giggling girls asking about “Lola Belle” in Mandarin.  Her romances are front page news.”

He let out a deep breath.  I hope he does it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment