Monday, December 20, 2010

Holiday Party

 Screenshot-1404

Hey sis,

I got to the Prosper Room as soon as I got off work for the staff holiday party. 

Screenshot-1405

The guests filed in to the downtown building with their vehicles.  That bright red sports car belongs, I think, to Silvah Spencer, Matthew Hamming’s girlfriend.

Screenshot-1406

The guests tumbled in as soon as I did, at ten till eleven.  That’s Matthew Hamming in his tux and my boss, Kris Verhoeven, in hers.

Screenshot-1408

They gathered in the party area of the Prosper Room, ordering drinks and shrimp cocktails. 

Screenshot-1407

Meanwhile, Matt’s girlfriend, Silvah, and I shared a dance, where she talked about the dearth of strong female roles in cinema and wanting to win the biggest acting prize there was.  I got the impression she wanted to be known as more than “Matthew Hamming’s latest bit of eye candy.”  I just smiled. 

Screenshot-1438

Meanwhile, I wasn’t expecting Jupiter to come and Lola not to come.  But Lola had a reason – she was out of town performing in Twinbrook.  Twinbrook, of all places. 

Jupiter surprised me by letting loose a few bars of ‘I Would if I Did.’  He looked shy and uncomfortable.  He was struggling with the chords as if he'd schooled himself. I would have loved to have shown him, but he had the whole 'don't you DARE come near me' aura about him. Besides, it's a pride thing, something I'm all too aware of. It would be nice to teach him, but I guess I'll just have to wait.

Talk soon.

Love, Bassy

No comments:

Post a Comment