Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The more things change...

The more things change around here, the more they stay the same.
"Oh, princess," dad called, frail and unsteady. After bestowing two cheek kisses, he went on to the theater which now bears his name.
Next out was my brother, broad-shouldered and true. I decided to go and help him with his bags. There's a part of me that still can't believe he's going through with this. But, he is a Plumb. Once we make up our minds to do things, it's hard to get us not to do them.


"So, this is it, right?"
"Yeah, I guess so."
"What about the baby?"
"The baby isn't mine."
I breathed a huge sigh of relief. Thank Llama.
"Write to me, eh?"
"You know I will, sis."
"Come here and give me a hug."
You know he listened to me, right. He just 'had' to.
I watched him drive off in his new car and tried to hold back tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment