Monday, January 4, 2010

Revelations and Sleepless Nights


I wasn't sure how to react to Andy's stunning revelation at the diner. I couldn't sleep. I paced around the room all night. I even resorted to pilfering Bassy's new video game and started playing it.



When Dad came into the room, I tore his head off. "I just know Noah put him up to this," I complained bitterly.
"Put who up to what?" Dad asked, looking confused.

"If my brother thinks he can run my life, he is sadly mistaken."

I ended up telling him everything.


"Savannah, you know, dear, maybe he does love you. Whether or not Noah had anything to do with what he said is beside the point. Love works in mysterious ways. If I knew, I'd be a very wise man."

"Dad, you're not listening, really."

"I don't have to, Savannah," he said with his lopsided grin. "You do exactly as you please anyway."

No comments:

Post a Comment