Thursday, January 7, 2010

Me and Daisy sittin' in a tree....


Yo, Bas here. Vanna's in China. The woman does not keep still.
Ain't seen Ernie since that day I was at his house. But I rode home with Daisy on the bus. She was kinda shifty, but then I asked her if she hooked up with him before I got there that day.
"U think I was with him?" she asked me.
"Sure looked like that 2 me," I told her.
"Bas, c'mon! Ernie & I, we homies! You know I wouldn't do nothin' like dat 2 ya."





Daisy & I ran off the bus and towards her living room. She said she had somethin' 2 show me.



"Bas, I saw this yesterday at the bookstore."
My mouth fell 2 the floor. It was my sister on the cover of a magazine. When did she even have time 2 do this spread?
I'm used 2 seein' mom and dad on these, but my sister too???
"I knew she was your sister so I bought it and I looked at the pix. Most of 'em are in Egypt. Is she some kind of adventurer or something?"
"That's exactly what she is," I told her. "She says she's studying ancient history, but she's doin' more than that."




I realized I was alone...with Daisy. Her 'rents weren't home. I had a few butterflies in my stomach, 4 sure. I needed 2 know da truth.
"Did u hook up with Ernie be4 I got there?"
"Bas, you know that ain't true. Ernie jus' pullin' yo' chain."
"So u think Ernie's lyin' 2 me."
"He got 2 be. I ain't nevah touched him!"
I wasn't sure whether 2 believe her or not. Should I? More later, got 2 do my homework, Bas

No comments:

Post a Comment