Thursday, January 14, 2010

Interview with a Mummy

Hey, it's me, Bas. My globetrotting sister is in Egypt (again), lol.


Welp, here it is. It's my sister's book. It was published the day before she came back from China. It's caused all hell to break loose in the house and the whole town is talking about it. Daisy, who works in the bookstore, says it can't keep enuf copies on the shelf to keep up with all the peeps askin' about it. I'm not gonna read it, myself; heck, I've heard more than enuf about it from mom and other folks. Daisy says she's started to read it and she's like on page 49 or somethin.'
I do think the hoopla over the book caused Vanna to leave this time. She and mom had this huge fight right after she came back from China and they're not even speakin' to each other now. Mom is upset over the book; she says Vanna painted an unfair picture of her in it. For the record, Vanna says it's all fiction.
What I do know is on the front page of it there's a dedication in it to Aunt Margaret. I didn't know her that well, she died when I was a baby. Vanna says she was a 2nd mother to her, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment