Monday, September 8, 2014

Verbal diarrhea


While not having time to process the last whopper out of my daughter's mouth, that she broke into old man Winterly's house going after his comic book and action figure collection, she drops another bombshell.



She wants to be a ghost hunter.

Like I was. 


I remember being a ghost hunter.  It took a lot out of me, physically, and was taxing mentally as well.  Not only did I have to chase them down, but it was a lonely job, requiring nocturnal hours.  But, it seems as though she is nocturnal, and she's not very social, either. 

I'm not sure where this is coming from.  Especially since, ever since she was a little girl, she's wanted to be a professional athlete, like her dad was. 

But I have a theory, and it's coming from Sage's forwarded email.

You see, one of Sierra's dorm mates died of a lightning strike.  She's been trying to figure out a way to resurrect him.  Obviously Sierra was deeply affected by his death, even though she never really knew the guy.  But mostly, I think she's just curious to see if she can do it. 

The other night she saw his ghost and was ecstatic.   She had the same reaction upon seeing the Reaper. I think there's a part of her that's genuinely intrigued by the work I did.  Maybe it's like her therapist says, she's just now tapping into her talents and exploring her options.  It's quite possible she doesn't even know how smart she is. 

It's also possible that she's giving me a load of verbal diarrhea, that she's talking just to hear herself talk.  Because let's face it, she's been all over the place with what she's saying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment