Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Sierra's First Stand




Sierra made good on her threat to report her professor, Rex Lovelace, for making unwanted advances towards her. 



In my last conversation with her on campus, I warned Sierra that this action against Lovelace would make her extremely unpopular.


I'll never forget her response as long as I live.  "You know what, Mom?" she said, her blue eyes not even blinking behind her black-framed glasses.  "I don't care."
Needless to say, it made me extremely happy and proud as a parent.

And her attitude since really has been of a 'don't care' one.


He tried again to intimidate her but she wouldn't budge.

She's also adopted this attitude in other aspects of her life, too.


She's still sleeping in public outside stadiums...


... and when people laugh she just stares them down. She doesn't feel the least bit of embarrassment. 



She spaces out whenever she feels like it and doesn't care who's watching...




Thanks to her diligence in working out she's in excellent physical shape.



Her nonchalance in some respects is admirable.  In fact, I'm told that right after she told me she was reporting Lovelace, she went to the comic book shop on campus and picked up a few more issues. 

No comments:

Post a Comment