Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Sierra and the Prof


"Mom," my almost-18-year-old daughter said right after we'd ordered our meals from Barnstormer's, "my professor propositioned me."
"Who's your professor?" I asked her.
"Lovelace."
I didn't know Rex Lovelace all that well, but I knew he was a founding member of the Urele-Oresha-Cham fraternity.  He and I ran in different circles at the university.
"What did he say to you?"


"Well, it began pretty innocently, actually.  I asked about my grade in his class, and his first response was,



So I said, okay, do you have any extra credit assignments for me to complete?


His response was strange.  He crept closer to me and gave me this creepy smile, "you know, if you, ahem, come closer, I could give you all the A's you want..."


I hung my head down, disgusted and completely uncomfortable.  "You know, Sierra, I can make you more comfortable... somewhere private."
I ran far, far away from there, remembering I had to come and meet you here."


After hearing that, I wanted to take Lovelace and slap him into next week.  How dare he, the creep, do that?  Especially to my little girl?
It made me wonder how many more Sierras are out there.  How many more unsuspecting young women he's taken advantage of over the years. 
"What are you going to do about it?" I asked her.  "You know, you do have options.  You don't have to take this lying down."
"Oh, no, I won't," she assured me.  "I'm going to report this to Simlius himself.  He can't get away with this."

No comments:

Post a Comment