Monday, April 21, 2014

The Academic Life

 
 
When I first started teaching at the university, I barely got students to show up, and those who did were fast asleep through the lectures. 



Now, though, my courses are full to the brim.

 
Even more amusing, I've been told by the university president, Dr. John Simlius, that there's now a waiting list to get into my classes.
 

I'm still the same teacher, with the same methodology and the same syllabus.

 
I have lectures on the material and then I discuss it with the students.
 
 
On Thursdays we have the art labs where we do light drawing around the art building (although a lot of the time when we do it it's pouring rain)
 
 
In the evenings I try to lighten the mood by getting the students together in an informal setting, and sometimes I break out my old acoustic guitar (a gift from my dad when I was a teenager!  Yes I'm that old!)  and entertain them with some songs I learned from him.
 
 
 I'm not any different... so I'd like to know what IS. 

 
Heck, even my son's on-again, off-again girlfriend is taking my class.  Bet I know what you're thinking.   We had knock-down drag-outs over the situation.  But it wasn't that way at all.  In fact, Samantha barely said five words to me the entire semester.  I hardly even saw her.   She came to one lecture and one drawing session -- that's it. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment