Sunday, April 20, 2014

Sierra (cont'd)


If I had to be smoking something when I named my first daughter Sageblossom, to name my next daughter after a soft drink (Sierra Myst), well, I had to definitely be on something. 

Blame my hippie parents.  They named me after a street in Twinbrook.  Twinbrook, of all places.  And Bassy, they named him after a German composer. 

Just after her prom, Sierra told me something shocking.  Well, not really shocking, just a bit surprising.

She told me she's a lesbian.

I've told her point blank that I don't have any problem with her being gay.  What I have a problem with is the rest of her behavior -- her sullenness, her lack of empathy, her lying, her stealing, her sneaking out at night.  And let's not go there about her hair colors.

The day before yesterday, she came home with BLACK hair.  And she's a natural blond, like me.

Now, Sierra's always been feisty.  She's never been one to conform to anything.  She started skipping school in first grade and it just never stopped.   And we tried to get her to stop, nothing Andy and I said or did worked.


Our butler, Max, loved him to pieces, but he absolutely enabled her.  Almost every day I'd find them in the backyard playing football. 


Her latest brush with the law, she beat up a boy so badly, she put him in the hospital.  The reason she said she did that was because, in her words, it 'felt good.'  Then I found out she posted a video of the beating online, she was that proud of it.  In fact it was the video that led to her finally being sent away to Fort Starch -- that and the total and complete lack of remorse for what she did. 


When she went to take her college admissions test, she stopped by the pizzeria and bragged about the size of her rap sheet to two random guys. 
 
One day Sierra came from the catacombs and she had a genie lamp.  To this day she hasn't told us where the lamp is now.  I suspect she sold it. 
Now comes the news that she's tested into college early.  This might be a surprise to a lot of people but not to me.  All of her teachers say she's whip smart but she just refuses to apply herself. 

 
 
Whip smart and won't apply herself... hmm sounds familiar doesn't it?  Let me think.  Oh yeah, that's what teachers told my mother about me.  It's also what teachers said about AJ. 
But it's even more apparent in Sierra's case.  We still don't know who broke our old computer but I strongly suspect it was her.  On her aptitude test she scored high in physical education (no surprise) and technology (also no big surprise). 



Yep that's Murderer's Row... my three oldest kids.  Two have already graduated college - the third, the feisty one with the specs in the middle - is on her way there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment