Thursday, December 8, 2011

Bassy

 

I had more than a few words for my darling kid brother, Sebastian Ryan Plumb, who most of the world knows as Bassy.  By the way, I gave him that nickname.  Now it’s on freakin’ billboards. 

Screenshot-121

So Sety told me that Bassy was in town, and I invited him over for dinner.  I decided to show him around my rented house. 

Screenshot-122

I told him that I was in town at the special request of the Queen herself, to rid the mansion of the ghosts which had infiltrated it before her son’s wedding in a few days.  “This is the new Banshee Blaster,” I said, showing him my new toy, “the Queen herself paid for it.”

“Really?” he said. 

After telling him about the book I’m promoting and the new gig I got fighting ghosts in the royal palace, that, by the way, I’m being paid a queen’s ransom for, I decided to ask Bassy what was going on with him.

Screenshot-129

“Sebastian—”

Silence.

“Bassy, there’s something you’re not telling me.  You may be the biggest movie star in the world, but you are still and always will be my little brother.”  I have to occasionally remind him of that fact in case he gets his head swollen by his stardom.  I helped to make him what he is, and I won’t let him forget it. 

Screenshot-131

Meanwhile, upstairs my youngest daughter, Sierra, was upstairs watching a program on television.  Goodness, the more I look at her, the more I see myself at her age – including the fact that she refuses to wear a dress.

Screenshot-100_thumb3

Thing is, I can’t tell her anything because I was the exact same way.  Hmm, still am.  I still hate makeup and dresses, but I force myself to wear them for work and at photo shoots. 

Screenshot-133_thumb1

After I dared Bassy to talk, we walked into the kitchen. 

We walked inside the kitchen.  The pecking order is still the same, I go first and he follows behind.  It’s been that way since we were young and it’s not going to change now, lol.  I protect him.  It’s my job

Screenshot-139

So Aubrey, our butler in Hidden Springs, has made hamburgers for dinner, and we walked into the kitchen to eat them.  Our new friend, Gabriella Ornales, has joined us.  Gabriella lost her husband last sim year, and moved to Hidden Springs in order to find a mate.  Meanwhile, she’s having too much fun blowing away the money he left her, lol. 

I sat on one end of the table, Bassy was on the other end.  Sage was seated next to him, Gabriella next to Sage, and Andy on the other side of him.  Sierra came downstairs later and took a seat next to Andy. 

Screenshot-137

Anyway, Bassy drops this major bombshell.

“I’m writing a screenplay.”

Really, Bassy?

“It’s about this movie star, right, he’s the son of a composer, he wants to be a composer too but he’s afraid of stepping into his dad’s shadow … anyway, he has these three women in his life …”

O-kay.  Bassy, you sure you’re not writing about yourself?  Have you had one too many spline reticulators?

Screenshot-140

“Hold it, Bassy, wait a minute… three women?”

“Is it always like this at your dinners?” laughed Gabriella.

“Pretty much,” Andy laughed back, “you should see when her parents join us.”

“His co-star, his childhood sweetheart and his mom.”

Screenshot-128_thumb1

“I cleared everyone out, Bassy… it’s just you and me.  Now fess up.  What the hell is going on?”

Screenshot-127_thumb6

Bassy took a deep breath.  “Ok, remember back home in Sunset Valley that I was kinda sorta dating Daisy Ramsey?”

“Yeah.”

“And remember I told you about this girl Kyra that I met in Bridgeport?”

“Yeah.  Vaguely.”

Bassy told me everything.  Of course I knew a lot of this because Satis and Sage gobble up the gossip rags like candy. 

“So let me get this straight.  You didn’t tell Daisy you were seeing Kyra, and you didn’t tell Kyra you were seeing Daisy.”

Bassy nodded. “Then when I came back to Sunset Valley I had to tell Daisy the truth.  She hasn’t spoken to me since.  I can’t say I blame her.”

“What about Kyra?” I asked.

“After I told Kyra about Daisy, she went to the press and told this reporter that she is pregnant.  She says I’m the father.”

I sighed and shook my head.  “Oh, Bassy.  I can’t believe you got yourself into this mess.”

“You can’t believe it?” Bassy whispered.  “What about me?”

I sighed again.  “Bassy, you better hope and pray to the Watcher that this isn’t your child, or you are in a whole hell of a lot of trouble.  You need a DNA test.  And you need to tell Kyra right away.” After demanding a DNA test – by the way, the 2nd DNA test I’ve demanded for Bassy, the first was from the photographer I hired to photograph my family -- I took a deep breath and sternly warned, “But, I will say this.  If this is your child, Sebastian, you have to step up and take responsibility.  You have to be a father.  Your childhood is over, you’ve got to grow up and be a man.”

No comments:

Post a Comment