Friday, April 2, 2010

Dad's good deed





There was a story in the local paper about a good deed my dad did during my mom's promotion party. The party happened when I was young.
It's a measure of the kind of person my dad is that this story didn't get out until now. He didn't want to make a big deal of it. And, he didn't write it.
The daughter of the woman he did the deed for wrote it.
Celina Hicks (one of Bassy's classmates) revealed that when she was born, it was my dad who took her mom to the hospital.
Apparently it was the night that my mom got promoted to conductor of the orchestra, and mom threw a big party in the park. Celina's mother was pregnant and about to deliver, and my dad was the one who took her to the hospital -- in his own private limo.



Later, Celina's dad met them at the hospital. The four of them rode back, again in dad's limo.

No comments:

Post a Comment