Thursday, April 1, 2010

Bassy's musical dreams

Now that all the sentimentality is out of the way....

Bassy appears to be dead serious about cutting a CD.

He and Neil have suddenly got it in their heads that they're going to form a band and become famous rock stars. Actually, I think Bassy is the main culprit, he's just taking Neil along for the ride.



Just the other day at dinner I heard him broach the subject to dad. "Boys," dad said, "you know how much work goes into releasing a CD?"
"Duh," Bassy retorted, rolling his eyes, "I've only heard this story from you, like, a hundred million times." He was half grinning as he said it though.



"Here's what we're gonna do," I heard Bassy say in Dad's study, with Neil hanging on his every word. "We're gonna go over to the theater and check out the equipment..."

So, the next morning, I confronted Bassy about it. "You sure you want to do this?"
"I've never been so sure about anything in my life."
"What's going to be on the CD? Can't have a CD without anything on it. Are you going to write songs or do covers of others?"
"Well," he told me, "I've got one song written and Dad has given me permission to do modern-rock covers of three of his --"
I let out a deep breath. His mind was already made up. Come hell or high water, even if he falls flat on his face, he's going to do it, no matter what anyone says. Hmm, sounds damn familiar doesn't it?

I am in no way saying that he will fall flat on his face, heck, he has more musical talent in his pinky than I have in my body. There's no way he can. I mean, the girls fall all over him and they haven't heard him play a note yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment