Monday, October 5, 2015

Sit-down chat


The other night, I had my first real sit-down, face-to-face chat with my one and only baby brother since he left town to start work on his TV series.  He's back briefly, mostly because his wife Cherise gave birth to their son, Jazz Lyric.

Bassy still hasn't quite relented on my parental rights demand.  But it still stands, despite the birth of Jazz. 
"I told you you'd love her, Vanna," Bassy says with his disarming grin.  "Kady is just like you."
"She's not just like me, Bassy," I reminded him, "she's actually a lot more like you than you realize."

The one thing I cannot forgive Bassy for, is standing there and allowing Madison to abuse and neglect his daughter.  It's one thing for Madison to steamroll him, but she steamrolled his daughter, too, while he was standing and watching.

Bassy should have taken that little girl and ran, as fast as he could, far away from that evil woman.  Make the hell sure she never lays eyes on her again.

Last I heard, she wanted to join the criminal career.  Tells you something about her. 



I thought about telling him about Kady's alter ego character but decided against it; that she's basically created this utopia, this alternate universe, to give herself a childhood she never had.


 But I had to address his son.  Yes, that one.  The little terror he bestowed the name Jazz Lyric upon.  I will love him with everything I have, but something has to be done. 


He's terrorized the entire family, even Kaydence's bot. 


"What are you going to do to get your son under control?" I asked.
Bassy shrugged off my concerns.  "He's just high strung and will probably grow out of it."
As usual, he thinks everything is a joke.  But Jazz Lyric is not a joke. 

 
The only person who even seems to remotely be able to deal with him is Kaydence. 
 

 
There are signs, though, that Jazz Lyric may be living up to his name.  He appears to be musically inclined. 
 
 
Poor Cherise is going to end up in the mental ward before he turns teen. 



Give me a few days with him and I'll whip him into shape. 

No comments:

Post a Comment