Monday, January 26, 2015

Snowflake Day



We had a fairly boisterous holiday back at the old mansion in the Valley.




The atmosphere was punctuated by a freak snowstorm that hit Sunset Valley just in time for the holiday.  Keep in mind, it doesn't snow very often this far south and we had piles of it, for days. 


As what had become custom, Sage was the one who got the family together for the holiday.  She was the one calling everyone and inviting them over.




She hand made some jewelry for all of us for the holiday.


Having all of the kids here under one roof is a blessing, well, most of the time.


Except when Skylar is badgering her sister about not wanting to bake the Christmas muffins. 



 There was someone missing this time around and his absence was keenly felt. 


My darling little niece Kady brought hot dogs that she didn't burn this time.




Everyone opened their gifts, and was pleased with them, well, everyone except my mother.  Apparently someone had done the switcharoo on the presents...


While I opened my gift I asked around and tried to figure out just who was responsible.


I asked around and asked around...


...until the culprit revealed herself.  "Kady, did you swap the gifts?" I asked her.
"I didn't mean any harm!"
"I think you'd better switch them back before your grandmother calls the police."


Five of my children in the same shot.


AJ's friend, Alexandra, one of the Vanderburg twins, came down to Sunset Valley to spend the holiday with him.  I've always felt that she wants to be more than friends but because of her position it's just not possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment