Thursday, July 22, 2010

Meeting with the Mayor

 Screenshot-443

After Harper Phillips became Leader of the Free World, this woman, Kyra Paxton, became mayor of Sunset Valley.  Apparently she started out as a clerk in his office, and then worked her way up.  The rumor is that she slept her way up but that’s another story for another time.

 

Screenshot-441 

Screenshot-444

Anyway, I was summoned to City Hall on Saturday to receive an award from Mayor Paxton.  She then issued a proclamation declaring the day “Savannah Plumb Day.”

Screenshot-446

As I stood there, basking in the confetti and the cheers from the hometown faithful, I looked around and noticed Andy in his Llama soccer-team warmups.  “I came as soon as I could,” he said. 

Screenshot-445

There he was, standing beside me all sweaty.  But, he’s Andy, and I wouldn’t trade him for the world.  As far as I was concerned there was no one else there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment