Thursday, April 26, 2018

Get to know me!


 What is your name?  Savannah Rachel Bellingham Summers Plumb Cheesman
    [b]Do you know why you were named that?[/b]  Whew.  Long story.  Let's start with the beginning.  My parents weren't married when I was born.  So I got my mother's maiden name, which is Bellingham Summers, at birth.  My parents got married when I was about six years old, at the park.  No one said we were traditional. 
Anyway, the name Savannah was from a street in Twinbrook, where my mom is from.  And my mother also wanted names that would double as stage names, so my middle name is actually pronounced like "rachelle."  These are the kinds of things that tend to happen when your family is in show business.
    Single or taken?  Very much taken.  Married to Andrew Cheesman for the last thirty-two years.
    Stop being a Mary Sue! Trust me.  I am NO Mary Sue.  I am the opposite of a Mary Sue.  As a teen, I was on first-name basis with the police.  They knew me.   I was doing all sorts of petty stuff, sneaking out at night, staying out all hours, sleeping in cemeteries, that kind of thing.  I was one screwed kid.
   What’s your eye color?  Emerald green.  I used to hate it growing up because I'm the only family member with it. 
    How about hair color? Cornflower blond like my dad.  I have often wished that I could have been a redhead like my Aunt Margaret or I could have inherited my mother's gorgeous chestnut brown hair.
    Have you any family members? Oh goodness.  Where do I start.  I adopted two kids before getting married (why???) *laughs* and then had five children after I got married.  Then after they started growing up, they had children.  I also have a younger brother who has kids, and then there's my mom and dad.  Well, dad's no longer here, but mom is. 
    Oh, how about pets? My daughter Sage has a bunch, does that count?
    That’s cool, I guess. Now tell me something you don’t like? Let's see, I have a pretty low tolerance for laziness.  And for not reaching your potential.  Definitely.
    Do you have any activities/hobbies that you like to do?  Let's see.  I think I'm like my dad in that I'm pretty active, so I do keep in shape.  At the same time, I'm mentally oriented, so I do a lot of reading, writing, chess, and painting. 
    Have you ever hurt anyone in any way before?  In more ways than I can count.
   Ever… killed anyone before? Not that I can recall.
    What kind of animal are you?  Andy says that I'm a tigress.  So I'd have to go with that. 
    Name your worst weaknesses.  Do you have the rest of the day?   Seriously.  I don't trust anyone, I can be very standoffish, I'm a perfectionist especially with my children, I expect way too much of them, in fact I think I expect them to be carbon copies of me and that is impossible. 
    Do you look up to anyone at all?  I looked up to my Aunt Margaret a whole lot. 
    Are you straight, gay or bisexual?  I've been married to the same man over thirty years so I would have to say I'm straight.
   Do you go to school? I TEACH at a school.  *straightens up* Sims University, to be exact.  It's funny how that happened.  I was wrapping up my tenure at the archives over in Moonlight Falls when John Simlius, the dean of students, contacts me and offers me a job.  Of course I had to talk it over with my husband and my family.  And at the same time, my daughter Sage was applying to go to school there.  Talk about awkward. 
    Ever want to marry and have kids one day? Been there done that!
    Do you have fangirls/fanboys? I would say I have fans.  I have a funny story about that, at the university.  One of the other professors I was having lunch with, I was talking with him, and it took him until the end of the meal to figure out who I was.  I found the whole experience both awesome and pathetic at the same time.
    What are you most afraid of?  Growing old and dying.  And of being forgotten.  Yeah.  Other than that, there isn't too much that scares me.
    What do you usually wear?  Mostly pants, and if not that, tailored, sophisticated clothing.
    What’s one food that tempts you?  Sushi!
    Am I annoying you? Yes!  I need to get back to my novel.
    What class are you?  Upper
    How many friends do you have? Probably my family, that's it.  And my best friend from high school.  I'm amazed she still talks to me. 
 What are your thoughts on pie? My brother's key lime pie is good, but mom's is the best.
  Favorite drink?  Ambrosia?
    What’s your favorite place?  Hmm.  I've been just about everywhere.  But I always end up coming back home to Sunset Valley. 
   Are you interested in anyone?  In what way?
    That was a stupid question.  Exactly.
    Would you rather swim in a lake or the ocean?  Hmm.  My first time swimming in the ocean by the beach in Sunset Valley was exhilarating, so I'd have to say the ocean.
    What’s your type?  If you mean muscular, athletic redheads of the type I've been married to for the past thirty years, then maybe...
   Any fetishes?  I'll slap you for asking that.
   Camping or indoors? I'm an indoor person married to a camper.  Somehow it works.
   Important life events? Birth of my brother, death of my aunt, first trip abroad, adoption of my children, my wedding, birth of my children, death of my father... 

No comments:

Post a Comment