Friday, January 27, 2017

Unique Blogger Award







Well, might as well spill the beans now as I've been nominated twice here by two extraordinary bloggers with two amazing stories so here goes...

The incredible Jillbg at Grey Witches (a well-written and photographed story about a young teenage witch and her family) and the lovely Lanlyn at Simlish Fair (a collection of stories about sims in different worlds)

Answers to Jillbg's questions:


What is the most annoying thing that has ever happened in your game?

I would have to say when my one teen sim was out skilling and the police arrested her for violating her curfew!  I think that's the one thing I remember...

Do you play with the sound off or on? Why? 

I always play with the sound on!  Helps with the immersion...

Which premade does really get on your nerves?

I can't say I pay much attention to the premades, actually.  In Sims 2 they had such detailed backstories you couldn't help but fall in love with them whether you came across them or not.  Of the premades I've actually come across in my gameplay, I'd have to say one of the most annoying has to be VJ Alvi.  He's currently long dead in my game but he hit my sims and was always mean to them. 

Answers to Lanlyn's questions:


 What are your favorite things to do in The Sims? (just play, challenges, build, design, write stories, create sims, other?)

Mostly I'm a player, I'm not a true storyteller per se, I write mostly what happens in my game.  The one thing I've always loved about the Sims is there is no right or wrong way to play it.  And some people don't even play it, they create for it, and that's okay, too.  Most games, you either win or lose it.  You can't lose at the Sims.  Even when all your Sims die and become ghosts, you can just play them as a ghost family.  

How long have you been playing The Sims? (Sims 1, 2, 3, 4?)

I began playing Sims about 2004-ish. I think I saw Unleashed (Sims 1) in a Walmart and picked it up on a whim. And I went on a forum and started asking questions. There was a very kind and intelligent lady and fellow simmer who answered my questions. We are still friends to this day.  As a matter of fact, a version of her self-sim plays a major role in this story.

Why did you start blogging for The Sims?

I'm not sure actually. I guess I wanted to record what my family was doing, really. No special reason. It just blew up. There was no grand plan. I didn't wake up one day and say, I'm going to do this, that, the other, with my family.  Just didn't happen.  It was more, watch them do whatever and record it, mostly for my own purposes.

Again, I'd like to thank these two incredible storytellers in their own right for nominating me for this award.  It's a tremendous honor, for which I could probably never repay them!  

Nominees:

 Strangetown Here We Come: 



No comments:

Post a Comment