Tuesday, June 3, 2014

That middle daughter of mine...


I had a lot to think about when I left the counselor's office.
The video of my daughter, my flesh and blood, pummeling this poor young man into submission sent chills through every pixel I have.


What scares me is how MUCH Sierra resembles me.  And I'm not just talking about facial features.   She IS me, all over again, only more extreme than before.  Even down to her complete lack of desire to socialize.



The whole three days we were at freshman orientation, the only person she'd really talk to... was me.




Sage and I rented a moving truck the day she moved into her dorm.  It took all three of us to help Sierra get her things moved in.  She's got a lot of stuff!  There's her athletic equipment, her chemistry set, her clothes, her books -- sheesh I don't think AJ and Sage COMBINED had this much stuff.


When Sierra was twelve years old, we'd moved to Moonlight Falls because I'd gotten a job as the curator for the Museum of Antiquity there.  She was dabbling in alchemy, fascinated by supernatural creatures of all kinds, and then, the piece de resistance, I found out she was seeing a psychic.


 When I confronted the psychic my daughter had been seeing, in a rambling telephone conversation,  I was initially upset because I felt this woman was taking advantage of my little girl.
But now, upon further reflection, I think I owe her an apology.  Because subsequent events have caused me to rethink this situation.
I now believe Sierra purposely sought out the psychic.
I mean, she was a twelve year old girl.  Twelve year old girls don't seek out psychics.  I had a hard time believing a 12 year old girl would purposely seek out a psychic.
But I also know, now, that she inherited this from me.
It was highly hypocritical of me to go after the psychic when I was doing the same thing (only at a less extreme level) at her age.


Sierra tells this story that she was abducted by aliens right after we moved to Moonlight Falls.  I don't know if her purported abduction took place before or after she started seeing this psychic. 
But as she's gotten older, her behavior has become stranger.

 
There was that time in Hidden Springs when she challenged her brother to a hot dog eating contest.  Poor AJ was doubled over and couldn't eat another bite, and she stood there laughing at him.


As time went on, it just got worse.  Even our butler, Max, allowed her to get away pretty much with murder.


She sneaked out of the house in plain sight...


...and every time she got busted we got into these shouting matches.  


Then there was this tape that showed her viciously attacking this boy. 


She was then sentenced to Fort Starch Military academy, with absolutely no remorse for the incident.




A couple of days after we'd taken Sierra and her stuff to the university, my older daughter, Sage, calls me at home.   Sage was finishing off her environmental studies course work and she wanted to keep an eye out for Sierra, her younger sister by 6 sim days.


She tells me that Sierra plopped her sleeping bag down right in front of the movie theater.  



She said other sims passing by were pointing and laughing and taking pictures, but she just remembers being a bit embarrassed and definitely worried.  "I just wrapped her up in that sleeping bag and brought her back to the dorm," she told me.  



And just when we thought it couldn't get any worse, it did.  
The very next night, Andy and I got a call from the university.  



Sierra had been arrested on campus for defacing public property.


Andy and I collapsed into each other's arms.   We're at a complete loss for words. 


No comments:

Post a Comment