Sunday, June 8, 2014

Okay, I've got to laugh at this one...


So my darling, sweet little girl was caught using the men's restroom in her dorm.  And apparently, it's not the first time.


She's unbothered by relieving herself in a space designated for the male members of our species.


I have to laugh at this because I did the same thing when I was her age.  In fact, it's all I can do to keep from crying. 
One day I'd gone to the library in Sunset Valley to do some research, and I decided I needed to relieve myself before I got started, so I hauled butt to the bathroom. When a guy walked in, he reminded me rather casually that I was in the men's room.
"So?" I quipped. "I use the men's room all the time. No big deal, a bathroom is a bathroom." He just shook his head and went on about his business.


Then, after I came out, I was greeted... by Andy, no less.   Yes, that Andy, as in Sierra's father.
"What are you doing coming out of the men's room?" he asked, trying - but unable - to stifle giggles.
"I had to pee.  The men's room was closer."
"Yeah," Andy muttered to himself.   "Didn't think I'd see you here today. I thought you were still on your world tour."
"Very funny, Cheesebreath. What's with the getup? Are you trying out for the Rockettes?"
He explained to me that the top was something his foster-mother had picked out for him. 



So imagine me having to tell him all these years later that his daughter - our daughter - was busted using the men's bathroom.   And you could probably imagine his reaction.
"She's your daughter," he laughed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment