Friday, September 14, 2012

Moonlight Falls Part 2

My second day in Moonlight Falls was as eventful as the first one.  I went back to the alchemy store and picked up some supplies. 
Then, when I went to find a quiet place to thumb through the alchemy manual, I heard the whirr of a camera.  I knew it had to be a paparazzo.  Sigh. 
You'd think, given who I am and how I was raised, that I'd be used to this by now.  My brother and I were raised for careers in show business, as both of our parents were in show business.  Except, that's not the choice I made.  When I married Andy, I wanted a quiet suburban life for my kids, out of the spotlight.  In doing so, I've tried to give them the freedom to do whatever they want to do with their lives.  He chose Hidden Springs to get away from everything.  It worked, and except for the issues I've had with Sierra, my kids are normal and well adjusted. 

"Savannah Plumb Cheesman?" began the paparazzo, extending her hand.  "Hi, Ashley Edskar, Moonlight Times.  I'm a great fan of your work.  I've read everything you've ever written about a thousand times.  And that's not an exaggeration.  I follow your blog and I've bookmarked your Simbook page.  Would you mind coming into the office for an interview tomorrow?  Exclusive scoop!"
"Um," I hesitated, "my kids and I just got here, and we don't intend to be in town long, we're just here --"
"You're the keynote speaker at the upcoming supernatural convention.  I know, I read the program.  Well, whenever you feel like it.  You know where the office is, on Merchant Way, whenever you're ready." 
 
Ashley took a deep breath. "I'll be covering the convention, so I'll be available to talk whenever." 
"There are rumors that all the supernatural life in Simland originated here. Is that true?"
"Well, as a lifelong resident of Moonlight Falls, I'd have to say yes.  There are more supernatural Sims here than anywhere else, and we tend to get along -- most of the time.  There are, however, two feuding families, the Van Goulds and the Wolffs, who both claim to have founded Moonlight Falls. If you want more information on the history of the town (and, indeed, anything else), you might want to check the Library of Lore and the Vault of Antiquity."
Finally Ashley asked me for an autograph and I obliged, even though autographs are my least favorite part of the job.  I hadn't met anyone here and the only person I knew in Hidden Springs, really, was the queen, so if I was on my way to making a new friend here, it was going to be a good start. 

No comments:

Post a Comment