Sunday, February 12, 2012

Family Matters

 

[image]

My daughters, Sage and Sierra, had a major fight one evening.  I’m not sure what it was about, but their shouts were heard through the house. 

“Sierra!  Calm down!” Sage pleaded as Sierra threw her old ballet slippers across the room like a projectile. 

Sierra flung herself on the bed and folded her arms.  “Shut up, Little Miss Perfect.”

They get along swimmingly most of the time, even though both are tanned, blond and blue-eyed they are so very different.  I’m not sure who Sage is most like, but she’s certainly not like me.  And in my book that’s a good thing.  Sierra most assuredly resembles the way I was as a girl, which frightens me.  In fact, I think she may be even more tomboyish.

Screenshot-120

She even engaged our new butler, Max, to a game of catch with her football.  Max obliged. 

Screenshot-40

The next day, while the kids were at school, I took in a day of pampering at the Silver Zephyr spa, and oh my god, it was AMAZING.  They have these special chairs that you prop your feet up on and they play music and massage you and make you pretty much forget about everything. 

Screenshot-50

When we got back, Andy was, “I’ll let you go back to Sunset Valley –“

I piped up.  “If what?”

“If you make top of ghost hunter career and I make starter.”

I shook my head.  Leave it up to Andy to give us conditions. 

Screenshot-53

Since I’ve been on maternity leave, I’ve picked up the brush again.  Of course, these days I so lack inspiration, anything can come out of it.  Even blotches.

Screenshot-153

Dr. McGaw said we actually needed to work on being a family.  I took his advice.  So, once a week we decided we were going to have dinner down at the local bistro.  It was great.  There were the five of us (minus Sety and Satis) all eating our meals, chatting, and just being a family.  I didn’t feel like going, because, being blown up like a balloon doesn’t make you feel very good.

So, anyway, one thing that keeps us from going out reared its ugly head while at dinner – the paparazzi.  One guy with the reddest hair I’d ever seen flashed his camera at us while we were sitting down.  Ugh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment